Did someone tell on me? Was I having too much fun on the island?
Electricity went out for two days in a row and now it is cold and rainy! Not cool at all. Amy 0, Honduras 1.
At least our leaky roof was fixed last week - just in time for the downpour that is happening as I type this! Lets hope it wards off most of the mildew during the coming rainy season.
Classes are winding down. We only have two weeks left and my lesson plans are solidified. Next week we are getting into the holiday spirit and learning seasonal vocabulary in order to make Christmas cards for the students who live in the other villages (El Pital kids for those in Las Mangas and visa versa). And the last week, we are watching a movie in English (with Spanish subtitles) - probably The Princess Bride. Classic!
No weekend plans. I'm going to focus on writing up some introductory classes for some adult evening ESL courses I will start when I come back from vacation in January and weather depending, maybe a hike or two.
Must run! We are having a "very special dinner" in El Pital with the students who had perfect attendance the last 3 months! Hitching a ride up in the pouring rain is always fun. It's a perfect time to wear my rain boots! Points for me. Amy 1, Honduras 1. I think its funny that its a reward for the students to have dinner with their teachers. Did that work for us when we were 10 years old?
Mosquito bites: 4
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 1
Imagine a "very special dinner" with Mr. N...we would have loved it, for sure.
ReplyDeletei told on you sorry :(
ReplyDelete"Back to reality." My heart oozes pity for you! Try 35* with gusting wind and a hard rain. That was reality the other day in Atlanta - when Troy was doing pirouettes in the parking lot and trying to catch said rain in his mouth. Anyway, your vacation pics were truly lovely. Seemed like paradise, except for all the white people.
ReplyDelete- Your favorite cousin