After a weekend of working in the mall and selling our calendars (we sold 25 during my shifts!) I needed some fresh air.
I was so excited when I woke up this morning because the sun was shining, it was a warm 80 degrees with a cool breeze. Perfect weather for a run! But not just any kind of run... a trail run, Trail Blazer style.
I grabbed our dog, Clifford, and we set off. Clifford set a good pace as we ran through Las Mangas and on our Guaruma trail. Our Guaruma trail is beautiful - narrow and rocky, it crosses streams and breaks off into several swimming holes and waterfalls. You know, a typical beautiful rainforest trail! Where the Guaruma trail ends begins a foot-path to a small village set in the mountain called La Muralla. I hadn't been to La Muralla before and honestly wasn't planning on going that far today (3 miles) because I wasn't sure too of the path.
Lucky for Clifford and me, we ran into three sisters who were on their way back to La Muralla after gathering water and nuts from the stream. Clifford trudged on ahead with the girls, and I joined the four of them to the village. They invited the two of us in to sit and rest before we turned around to go back. The family, all gathered outside, pasando, was so generous, giving Clifford water and me fresh squeezed lemonade. We talked for a half an hour before I started the run back. It was good that Clifford knew the way, because my faulty sense of direction would have surely gotten us lost (point!).
Fresh, clean mountain air does the body and the brain wonders! I believe my health and mental well-being has improved greatly since living in the jungle. I feel so... alive!
Fantastic way to spend a Sunday morning! How did you spend yours?
Mosquito Bites: 0
Final Score: Amy 0, Honduras 0, Clifford 1.

i demand a picture of clifford!
ReplyDeleteyeah, who is Clifford?? never mentioned a dog before.. and running where you have never been before? Wonderful sunday jogs...
ReplyDeletehow big and red is clifford?
ReplyDeleteAnd I thought I had missed the dog.....
ReplyDelete