Thursday, December 23, 2010

La Ceiba: The Second-Hand Shopping Capital of the World

Who knew that La Ceiba, Atlantida, Honduras has THE BEST second-hand clothing shops ever?

Karolina and I, feeling a bit pent up in the mountains, decided to do some retail therapy. We took a jalon down to Ceiba and found an amazing second-hand shop. The two of us spent hours (no exaggeration) going through racks and racks of quality shit. As always (ask Rani), I found some gems.

I wanted to purchase at least 40 articles of clothing, but restrained myself and came back with three in fantastic condition (one point to me for will-power).

Purchases

  • 1 black shirt with a boat neck and cap sleeve. Long torso and tight. I like it tight. (If you get that joke, one point for you!) 50 Lempiras ($2.50)
  • 1 pair of Seven for All Mankind jeans. Lighter wash with a perfect fade and length. If you buy these jeans, you know how rare that is! 200 lempiras ($10.00)
  • Another pair of Seven for All Mankind jeans. Darker wash, again with a perfect fade and length. Also 200 Lempiras ($10.00)

Rationalization

  • I liked the shirt and it makes me look like I have a rack. And anything that makes me look like I have a rack is a definite keeper. 
  • All of my jeans have obscene holes in them (crotch-area holes). It's super awk to sit in a jalon when you've got those kind of holes in your pants. Am I right?


1 shirt + 2 pairs of jeans = $22.50; A new wardrobe that makes my chest and ass look smokin' = Priceless. (Well, actually $22.50. But as all women know, jeans that actually fit ARE priceless.)

Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 0, "I like it tight" insiders 1

3 comments:

  1. well the fact that i am commenting first tonight gives me 10 points and I have no life today at least and I love reading my daughter's blog as they cheer me up when I get sad news as I told her just moments ago. And who needs Gabs Amy????? Merry Christmas La Ceiba

    ReplyDelete
  2. i cant believe i read this whole blog post...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The post's title should have been two pairs of Sevens for $20! DUDE- sign me up for Honduras

    ReplyDelete