Friday, April 22, 2011

Creek Hiking

Not long before Karolina left, we wanted to take a water-proof camera on one of our favorite hikes. Thanks to our determination and hiking/photography skills am I able to share these beautiful photos with you. 

We started off on the Guaruma trail and headed up towards La Muralla. We turned off the main trail and started walking up the creek.


Which way do I go? This way or that way?

This doesn't look scary, but it is. A little. As the water flows down this very small waterfall, it also streams down the flat rock making it very slick with algae and slime. Crawling up these "foot holes" is do-able... if you're super awesome and climbing like we are.

You can do it, even though its way harder than it looks.

But I don't wannaaaaa!

We both made it! It was a close one. We climbed a few more walks and found a beautiful swimming hole surrounded by high rock walls...



and Tarzan vines!

Amy. Amy. Amy of the Jungle. Strong as she can be!

Just a hop, skip, jump, and a swim and we made it to the waterfall. The water falls down from... the heavens? into a deep pool and then over a flat, long rock (where I am sitting) and into another deep pool.

So serene.


She was supposed to look like she was drinking it. We failed.

After spending time swimming, we decided to head back a different way than we came. We followed the stream the whole way back (not hopping back on the walking trail), hoping that we would end up somewhere familiar.





And we were successful! We followed the creek the entire way to the Guaruma swimming hole, an old friend, and were back to our house in no time. I still can't believe this is my backyard.

2 comments:

  1. "She was supposed to look like she was drinking it. We failed." doesnt look like she is at all related to the camera holding and picture taking, maybe i am wrong......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you took me on a small walk over the rocks that day because it was scary enough but as you say it was so serene.
    I know you are going to miss your serenity.
    find a waterfall to purchase and we can go every year.

    ReplyDelete