Saturday, April 23, 2011

The "No Water" Situation

It has been three days without water (AKA three days without a shower) and I was starting to be concerned (and super smelly). So concerned that I walked to Maria's house and asked her if she had water. Of course she did, Amy, because when you asked her, she was washing her clothes in the basin. "No," she said. "It's not normal but maybe its because of the thousand extra people that are camping in Las Mangas this week. Perhaps they are stealing all the water?"

Feeling frustrated, I went to the next house in Las Mangas and came upon Maryuri. She said she didn't have a clue but that she felt bad I didn't have water. She offered her shower to me if I was desperate, which I am. I must have smelled desperate. Desperate to clean three days of sweat off of me.

I continued walking to through the community, careful not to walk TOO fast so that I wouldn't break another sweat upon the three layers that already covered my skin. I found Camilo, our intern, who knows more about Guaruma than I do. I asked him if it was normal to not have water for three days and he said, "Amy, it's not normal. Did you check the water switch?"

"There's a water switch?"
"Jajaja yes, under the path on the way to the dark room!"
"Really? But I didn't touch anything!"
"Did Benjamin?"

Benjamin... I am going to kill him. Benjamin left three days ago. Grr.

"Camilo, please save me and turn on the water!"

With that, Camilo and I walked to Guaruma and he turned on the water. Three days without showering, washing dishes, properly cleansing my face, etc. and all I needed to do was find Camilo or kill Benjamin before he touched it! Why didn't I know about this water switch in the first place!?

I feel like a stupid. At least I get to shower after exercising today! There is a God... and I think his name is Camilo.

3 comments:

  1. please tell me this has been the source of your problems all along....

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry sculls, Amy is just a sweaty person. Don't blame the water.

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember at our hotel in Copan and there was no water in the morning and we were told there was a "switch" that need to be turned on.. Oh amy , poor amy, how sad she is with out a shower.

    ReplyDelete