Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Ask Amy (AA) Tuesdays

“AA Tuesdays” is a new thing. It’s quite simple: you email me your questions throughout the week (amypimentel@gmail.com) and every Tuesday, I pick one question to answer. Your questions have no topic-constraints and I promise my most sincere (and wittiest) responses. Plus, it is a really easy way to land in the blog (and get points, but that depends on your question).

I will start us off…
Q. Amy, where are you using the internet right now?
- Your #1 Fan

A. Well, #1 Fan, Karolina and I are hanging out in Applebees using their WiFi and eating nachos. It's almost like being transported back to the Logan Valley Mall except that my picture is not hanging on the wall here. Did you know that I'm famous at my local Applebees? It's true. Great question, #1 Fan. Points to you!
Karolina and I have had a great day so far. The sun came out! First time in weeks. Thank you, Honduras. Amy 0, Honduras 1.

We went to yoga, and it was fabulous. I managed to wrap my legs into full lotus while doing a shoulder stand. With careful instruction, I lowered my knees towards my head and bound my arms around my legs. Getting out of the pretzel position was a lot less graceful. I love yoga. Amy 0, Honduras 1, #1 Fan 1, Yoga 1.

After having a watermelon smoothie courtesy of Wendy, we headed down to Ceiba where we hit up the bank, the second-hand store, the grocery store, and the mall. I almost forgot that I was living in a third-world country.
Editor's note (especially for Rani): Second-hand stores are so much fun! They sell American-brands and ridiculously low prices... 3 items for 100 lempiras ($5 dollars). It is like going to Gabe's, but cleaner, cheaper, and without all of the damaged goods. I have so many skills when it comes to digging for the gems, as Rani knows. Honduras is no exception.
The rest of the day will be spent relaxing. We have been setting up a projector every night and watching episodes of Planet Earth on the wall of our kitchen. Last night was caves and tonight, the forests! So excited!

Quick shout-out to Rani, who is the BSE! She's the cute one, and I'm just her sister. Amy 0, Honduras 1, #1 Fan 1, Yoga 1, Rani 1.

Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 0, Honduras 1, #1 Fan 1, Yoga 1, Rani 1


3 comments:

  1. caves is wayyyy better than forests.

    p.s. what are you on the wall of your local Applebee's for? I can only assume eating the most chicken wings or some other feat of extraordinary skill and meat loving passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You also missed in Altoona Friday night while we were at the movies Demi Moore's hubby, Kutcher and his best friend from AAHS were at our Martins buying flowers and a pumpkin. It was on the front page of the Altoona paper Sunday.Demi Moore was waiting at his Mom's house right here in Altoona. Big news....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Attention all people shopping with Amy at a 'second-hand' store: Do not let her stand before you in the isle. She will pick up everything that you like before you can get to it and you won't get anything good.

    ReplyDelete