Friday, October 15, 2010

U.S.Agenda Pt 3

Mom's new thing is the "Jeggin'."
Amy: Mom, I like your jeans.
Mom: They aren't jeans. They are Jeggins.
Amy: Jeggins? What are those?
Mom: You know, jean leggins. Jeggins.
Amy: You can't be serious.
Mom: Uh huh. Everyone says it. That's what their called.
She was right...

Aside from learning that I am no longer cool, my day was as exciting as I anticipated. After my haircut (-6 inches, + layers, + long bang), salon blow-out, and subsequent shameless glamour shot...


I headed to my mecca.


I bought so many things I didn't need, which is the beauty of Target. I did, however, buy so many things that I did need, like grapefruit face wash, a Liz Lange maternity tank top, Ziploc bags, and a huge container of pistachios. In the spirit of splurging, I also stopped at Super Sheetz to get a perfect cup of coffee and an egg and cheese Schmuffin. Happiness/grease in a bag.


Then mom and I chowed down at the Outback and I got drunk off of two beers. I even pretended I was Rani and hit on a boy that she knew in preschool. Some things never change.

I have to send two enormous "Thank You's!" and points to Courtney and Gutie. Gutie, my drug-goddess, supplied me with enough anti-itch cream to ward off my mosquito bite scratching. She must have been keeping track of how many bites I'm getting because she has armed me with a 2-year supply! Thank you, Gutie!

And a big thank you to Courtney, formerly at Nickelodeon. My oh my, Courtney. You are going to make some jungle children very happy. There are no more words, just a picture:


My trip has been long enough to enjoy everything that I've missed but short enough to not get "too used" to the "good life." It was also long enough to reorganize everything in my room! I am all packed up and ready to head to DC tomorrow to spend some QT with Scully and Scheffer. And then I'm back on a plane at 5am on Sunday, ear-infection free and towing my "essentials"!

Final Score: Amy 0, Honduras 0, Courtney/Gutie 1

3 comments:

  1. So what have you missed while being away? Jeggings, John Legend, Sheetz coffee with Mom, your bed, Eat Pray Love Movie and maybe driving your car a bit but I am not sure since I have been doing most of the driving.. See you in Honduras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "oh she must have listed him first cuz he's alphabetically---damnit."

    i can only assume these are your thoughts, erika. i'll count that as, WINNAR


    maternity top you say?

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah. pretending to be me = not cool.

    ReplyDelete