Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Soaked

I think Mother Nature reads AvW (points!) because no sooner did I boast about the sunshine, did the rain come pouring down! It started last night at 7pm and it poured throughout the night. Woke up and the Guaruma grounds were flooded. It continued to pour until 1pm, when the sun decided to show up for work.

I was all psyched to do "boot camp" with the volunteers at 7:30 this morning but it didn't happen. I sat in my exercise gear until I was antsy and took it out on the street. Yes, run in the rain! I got soaked - I don't even know if I broke a sweat. (Those of you who have exercised - or even hung out - with me know how rare that is!) It pretty much kicked ass, and I'm giving myself a point for being super motivated today.

Last weekend, I hiked up to a never-before-seen-by-me waterfall on the property of Las Cascadas Lodge. It was so beautiful. My camera wasn't present, but a friend's was. And once pictures are posted on facebook, I'll steal them and blog about it. There may or may not have been a giant inflatable whale.

Chill day to today. Not much happens when it pours. One class at 3:30 and then a birthday celebration for Sandra. She turns 26 and we are partying it up with some IPAs that Austin brought back from the States. Maybe there will be music... perhaps there will be baking. I know, don't go crazy Amy!

I have to know... did my vacation cause me to lose followers? Are you all still there? Shout me out if you're alive and reading!

Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 0, Mother Nature 1

3 comments:

  1. you are officially a runner after this. i couldnt be prouder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. >did my vacation cause me to lose followers?
    Impossible! Love ya, kid.
    - Your favorite cousin

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOur favorite cousin finally showed his face???

    ReplyDelete