I was dreading yet another AA Tuesday that I'd have to ask myself a question and then answer it. But, I was saved! Good work, Claudio. Super duper points for you for asking...
Amy, will you and Rani be BFFs in Boston next year, or will Rani be moving away?
Claudio, great question! I should start off by reminding The Team that I am moving to Boston next year to start law school at Northeastern. Tuition deposit paid and I'm already searching Craigslist for apartments available August 1. I even posted a status on Facebook begging for people to room with me. Boston, here I come! More excited than the city itself is Rani, who will, in fact, be BFFs next year. She and Tom, my other BFF, will be staying in city to cook me dinner every night. I also plan on having play-dates with Marley, your girl Naomi, and YOU! (If you'll be there too!) Get your party pants on, folks, because I'm going to have SO MUCH free time to hang out during my first year of law school.In other news, the sun has been shining and I have a blender to make smoothies. Joy! I went down to La Ceiba today to buy my first round of smoothie ingredients: bananas, apples, oranges, carrots, and vanilla soy milk. Yes, you can buy vanilla soy milk (Kirkland brand) for $2. I splurged. And I'm so excited about it. I'll let you know what I make for breakfast tomorrow morning.
Getting back into the swing of things after vacation was a little harder than expected. I like sitting around in the sun, drinking beer, and having no responsibilities. Anyone want to pay me to do that? We have done a little reorganizing of our class groups and have matriculated 8 new students who we are really excited about. It will take a little time to get used to the new classes and new levels, but its all in a day's work.
Tomorrow we have a "Where Guaruma is going" meeting with the staff and board members. Should be interesting since we currently have no Executive Director and have lots of volunteer movement happening in the next few weeks. I need to get a good night's sleep so that I can hold my attention span through the Spanish-only meeting. I WILL be bringing up the internet issue and if necessary, rallying The Team in protest! Get out your poster board, markers, and glitter... it's gonna be a tough battle.
Final Score: Amy 0, Honduras 0, Claudio "super duper points"
the far reaching empire of costco is not to be underestimated...
ReplyDeleteHi yes I am reading but sometimes an email reminder is nice. So what information are you picking up about businesses? Are most people self employed? Are there entrepreneurs or small business people? How hard or easy is it to start a business? Would you say there is a thriving business community?
ReplyDeletenow that you are back on track. look forward to your daily postings...
ReplyDeleteAmy and Rani in the same city.. never happened since they left the nest.