Tuesday, September 28, 2010

La Casa Mango

Wow, I am spoiled!

I have been asked to keep Yoga Wendy's pets company while she is away for a 5-day vacation. In return for my services, I was invited to stay in Casa Mango, the guest house of the fabulous yoga retreat at Casa Verde. On top of the luxurious accommodations (a real bed, zen decor, hot showers, etc.), I can practice yoga every morning, on my own, while looking out over the river to the waterfall. In the evenings, Wendy's Honduran housekeeper, Pati, will prepare me dinner (most likely whatever her family is having) and then I have the rest of the evening to myself. Read: Jungle Yogi Paradise! Amy 1, Honduras 0.

It's so zen! A picture tour of my digs for the next few days. The photos are dreary because it was a dreary morning.

The picture below is of Wendy's house - Casa Verde. On the lower balcony is where I do yoga. The view, as I mentioned before, overlooks the river, mountains, and waterfall.



This is Casa Mango, my guest house for the week.


The entrance way to the living area, bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom.


A cute table where I will be dining.


Comfortable sofa, pillows, and reading lights for cuddling up to a book and hot tea.


A queen size bed, which is unheard of here! There is so much room to sprawl!


Wendy's property is incredible. She has coconut, mango, mango-stein, starfruit, lychee, avocado, banana, and papaya trees. Oh, and she said that I can help myself to any fruit I want. Amy 2, Honduras 0.


I feel like I'm on vacation, even though it's 5K from my room in Guaruma. Wendy invited me down for dinner last night to go over my responsibilities -- feed the dog and the cat in the morning, pet them, do yoga, and breathe. I can handle that. People pay a thousand dollars to stay here, do yoga, and eat raw food for a week. Sweet deal for me, huh? Amy 3, Honduras 0.

For dinner, we had an enormous salad of fresh lettuces, tomatoes, cucumbers, red peppers, radishes, and an almond-cilantro pate. It was so yummy! As I was chopping tomatoes, I sliced my finger really good. It's one clever way to bow out of dinner-prepping duties! Her knives are incredibly sharp, and the cut was quick and clean. It was a bleeder! Amy 3, Honduras 0, Sharp Knives 1.

After taking her "food that will spoil before I return" back to my guest house, I took a hot shower and read "The Pillars of the Earth." I went to sleep in a comfy bed and woke up for a 7am yoga session with Pati. The two of us are going to get really close over this week and I hope that my consistent interaction with her will help to improve my Spanish.

Mosquito Bites: 0!
Final Score: Amy 3, Honduras 0, Sharp Knives 1

5 comments:

  1. I love mango-steins!! Eat a lot of them- they are SOO good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What happened to your allergies to cats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ow ow ow sharp knives owwwww stop it ahhhh whyyyy ahhh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, nice Amy!!!! A real retreat! Can I come before you leave and stay for a bit?!

    ReplyDelete