2 arms, 2 legs, no extra appendages or parasites
Much improved Spanish despite lack of studying
The kids like me. They actually like me. I think.
New pair of rain boots acquired to wear in the rain.
Self-diagnosed and self-treated a minor health concern.
Still no wireless Internet. Only cell-phone modems. Terrible.
Followers: 40 (You are fantastic!)
Amy, how did Mark legally marry three women in Michigan, without divorcing any of them, becoming legally separated, or any of them dying?
Well, Rani, that's easy. Either Mark lives in a polygamist society in Michigan, or he is a priest who presided over the marriages.That was a doosey. And second, Courtney asks:
Amy, the parking lot. Why not?
Courtney, because Scotty doesn't know!
I love AA Tuesdays. Send me your questions for next week!
Yesterday, as Mondays usually are, was so long. I ran up to El Pital (go me!), taught four classes, and then strolled back down the mountain to Las Mangas. I was listening to my iPod when a Zumba track came on. I had to dance. I looked around and there was no one in sight and so... I salsa'd down the mountain. I was singing, getting into my dancing groove, and feeling super sexy when I heard laughing. The kids behind me came out of nowhere and I panicked wondering how long they had been there. Ugh! Just another day in the life of the crazy gringa. Amy 0, Honduras 1, Rani 1, Courtney 1.
I made it to Las Mangas in time for a presentation given by Adolfo and David (pictured below), the two students who spent a week in the United States.
Adolfo and David were sponsored in part by Guaruma and the Audubon Society in Missouri, where they spent time in a nature preserve and experienced a touch of American culture. Their presentation was incredible - they spoke to their friends and family about the students they met, their experience spending a day in a local high school, a trip to Target (I KNOW!!), and the differences in climate, landscape, flora, and fauna. One of my favorite stories they told was about visiting an American high school and sitting in on an advanced Spanish class. They were instructed to have small conversations with the students in Spanish but they soon found out that they knew more English than the students knew Spanish. (I did get a little shout-out during their presentation.) You're welcome, David and Adolfo! Amy 1, Honduras 1, Rani 1, Courtney 1.
Today, we had a really long staff meeting, followed by a little chill/internet time in Applebees with Karolina. Rani sent me the following video, with which I will leave you with today. Enjoy!
Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 1, Rani 1, Courtney 1
Yesterday, as Mondays usually are, was so long. I ran up to El Pital (go me!), taught four classes, and then strolled back down the mountain to Las Mangas. I was listening to my iPod when a Zumba track came on. I had to dance. I looked around and there was no one in sight and so... I salsa'd down the mountain. I was singing, getting into my dancing groove, and feeling super sexy when I heard laughing. The kids behind me came out of nowhere and I panicked wondering how long they had been there. Ugh! Just another day in the life of the crazy gringa. Amy 0, Honduras 1, Rani 1, Courtney 1.
I made it to Las Mangas in time for a presentation given by Adolfo and David (pictured below), the two students who spent a week in the United States.
Adolfo and David were sponsored in part by Guaruma and the Audubon Society in Missouri, where they spent time in a nature preserve and experienced a touch of American culture. Their presentation was incredible - they spoke to their friends and family about the students they met, their experience spending a day in a local high school, a trip to Target (I KNOW!!), and the differences in climate, landscape, flora, and fauna. One of my favorite stories they told was about visiting an American high school and sitting in on an advanced Spanish class. They were instructed to have small conversations with the students in Spanish but they soon found out that they knew more English than the students knew Spanish. (I did get a little shout-out during their presentation.) You're welcome, David and Adolfo! Amy 1, Honduras 1, Rani 1, Courtney 1.
Today, we had a really long staff meeting, followed by a little chill/internet time in Applebees with Karolina. Rani sent me the following video, with which I will leave you with today. Enjoy!
Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 1, Rani 1, Courtney 1


i approve of any story involving you getting laughed at
ReplyDeletewhat a wonderful story and experience the boys had. I hope they all have a chance to visit states.Perhaps I can sponser a few kids for a few weeks.
ReplyDeletehe was a justice of the peace :) :)
ReplyDelete