Today's question comes from Courtney, and she asks:
Amy, what will you miss most about the Jungle when you return to the states? And also, what is your favorite Bryan Adams song?
Court, great questions. What I'll miss most about the jungle? (I take it you mean the actual jungle and not Honduras, the cuenca, the community, etc.) I'll miss the sunny, warm days all year-round. Especially since I'm moving to Boston. I love waking up and for there to be a blue sky, cool breeze, and warm sun! I love that it is likely to rain at night and refresh the scenery to get ready for the next hot day. The weather here is unbeatable and it makes you want to spend time outside, go for hikes, swim, run, and sit on your porch with a good book.
And my favorite Bryan Adams song? That's easy. "Everything I do, I do it for you (Courtney)" You know, that I played that song for a piano recital once? True story. Must find that video to show you.Thanks for your questions, Court. Two points for you!
I had such a wonderful day with the Mariposas, Butterlies, yesterday. We reviewed the greetings we learned last week with Mom: Good morning, good afternoon, good evening, and good night. Then they learned Hello, Good bye, See you later and See you soon. And after mastering them, we took to the streets. We all walked together and they spoke to every person they saw in English. "Hello! How are you? See you soon!" They were having so much fun and I could tell how proud they were to be speaking English to people in their community. I love the kids in El Pital! Great day for them! Do I get a point for coming up with a great class.
As for the rest of the week, I am without a classroom so the classes will be interesting. The classroom is currently being revamped for an indefinite amount of time. It is going to be hard to teach a class of 15 unruly students English in the outdoors. Must. Be. Creative. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for your advice on my non-classroom classes and for your AATuesday questions! I'm going to get some "work" done (watch Glee).
Mosquito Bites: 2
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 0, Courtney 2
have you taught them words like "tree" and other things to be found outdoors? (i know, sweet example)
ReplyDeleteshould we understand who you are referring to as "butterflies"? i may fail here and not recall....
sunny every day? Didn't it rain for a like a week and knock out your internet and hot water?
ReplyDeletescavenger hunt for words in English you have taught them earlier?
they become teacher for a day!!! Reward!! when they have learned their vocabulary words. then a swim day, it's hot out there
ReplyDelete