
Dear Ali,
I watched this week’s episode of The Bachelorette and my heart goes out to you. Frank is such a tool and you deserve better that that, even if you are an airhead. All you wanted was open communication and honesty, and you put yourself out there to fall in love and find a husband. Frank was dishonest and lied to you. He didn’t give you a chance to be the woman he always wanted. To be at the point in your relationship where you were and to do this to you was so unbelievably selfish of him. And what’s worse is that he knew it all along.
You’re right Ali, Frank is the biggest jerk you’ve ever known. You’ve been saying for a while that Frank is everything you’ve wanted in a guy and that there was so much potential to grow together. Watching you, I was sure your feelings for each other were real. But you can’t read his mind and you did nothing wrong. Frank is a jerk and you’re better off without him.
Love,
Amy
P.S. Pick Roberto.
Today was super relaxing. I taught one class today at 3:00 to a group of 15-19 year olds. We did a review of things on their last test by playing some games. This week, the lesson planning was easy, but I’m going to put more work into it next week. Photo of class today:

I bought eggs and boiled them. I had to… double check… with Rani for how long they should boil. They came out perfectly, so she gets a shout-out! Rani 1, Amy 0, Honduras 0.
When going “shopping” at the pulperia down the street, my Spanish got the best of me:
Me: Hola. Tienes sopa?Store Owner: Si. (She hands me Cup of Noodles.)Me: No, como sopa… por el cuerpo. (I proceed to pretend to shower, scrubbing my armpits, etc.)Store Owner: Uh… sopa? (She hands me a can of soup.)Me: (I get it now… I don’t know the word for “soap” and instead, I’m pretending to wash my body with soup.) Lo siento! La cosa para lavar su cuerpo en la ducha.Store Owner: No lo tengo.
So, I didn’t get soap. And the word for soap is jabon. Thank you English-Spanish dictionary. Rani 1, Amy 0, Honduras 1.
I did some push-ups, dips, and crunches in the hot sun. I also ran sprints down the dirt road mid-afternoon at the start of a thunderstorm. I got so dirty from all of the sand and rocks I kicked up with my shoes. Rani 1, Amy 0, Honduras 2.
I have a battle wound and I look badass. It is small but rugged. Unfortunately, it’s not from a massive bug or an encounter with a mountain man, but from sweating and running with my pack strapped across my shoulder. Can you see it on my left collarbone? Yea, I mean business. Rani 1, Amy 0, Honduras 3.
Mosquito Bites: 8
Possible Ticks: 0
Final score: Rani 1, Amy 0, Honduras 3.



honduras kicked your ass today
ReplyDeleteYEAH AMY!!!
ReplyDeleteRani pretends she is an urban fashionista and fools the world.
ReplyDeleteRani 1000 Amy 2 (for getting me in trouble at work) Honduras 0