It is so rainy here! My room floods every time it rains, so it makes it even more annoying. Amy 0, Honduras 1. I learned from one of my students that the rainy season doesn't officially start until August, and it will rain every day until February. It's too bad you can't buy cute yellow galoshes here. Here are some beautiful pictures pre and post rain:
It rained so hard that only one student in my second class showed up. The two of us had a 20 minute conversation in English and a 40 minute conversation in Spanish. It was a tad selfish of me to take advantage of her, but I don't think she minded. We talked about really important things like Lady Gaga and the Chinese language.
Yet again, we woke up without water this morning. It was back by the time we returned from yoga, which was fortunate for Sandra and Karolina because I worked up quite a sweat! We did a vinyasa between each pose (so exhausting!). My triceps were calling my name and without surprise, I had to hang my wet mat on her clothing line, again.
I continued to work on my class assessment and only used Google Translate 5 times. Not bad! Amy 1, Honduras 1. When I got bored, I walked around our compound and took some unimpressive pictures to give you an idea of my pad.
We compost:
We cook (gas stove, sink, lots of flies and geikos):
And we have neighbors:
I owe Scully an apology because, even though I called him several times last Saturday, I failed to make a huge deal of his birthday on the blog! Alas, a much deserved tribute to Scully. And to think, he could have come to Zumba twice a week for a year to improve his dancing skills. Sculls, no one can help you until you help yourself. He gets negative points for the embarrassment below:
Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 1, Scully -6,000.





dont be jealous amy, dont be jealous.
ReplyDeletep.s. i hate you so much right now
I love you and your blog. xoxoxoxoxoxx
ReplyDeletewhen is the best time to visit?
ReplyDelete