
We took the bus a mile and a half down the mountain to Wendy’s paradise, complete with an outdoor yoga studio overlooking the mountains and river. (You can’t tell by the pictures. I’ll try better on Thursday.) We did a simple Ashtanga practice, complete with vinyasas and a plethora of binds. It was my first experience doing yoga in harmony with nature, and I loved how cleansing and calming it was. I was in full lotus position. My chakras were all aligned. My mind is cleared of all chatter and I’m looking out of my third eye and everything that I’m supposed to be doing. It’s amazing what comes up, when you sit in that silence. “Mama keeps whites bright like the sunlight. Mama’s got the magic of Clorox 2.” (I love Ellen.)

My morning was wide open and I was looking forward to catching up on quality television. It took me 45 minutes of trying to steam The Bachelorette to realize that no, it was never going to work. Our internet just isn't that good. I gotta know... who does Ali choose? What is Frank’s ish? Is Roberto as dreamy as he seems? Who's Chris again? While on abc.com, I did learn that there is a new show coming: The Bachelor Pad! This is more exciting than when I… never mind, nothing has ever come close. Amy 1, Honduras 1.
I ran up the mountain today (this time in the blazing heat of the afternoon) to teach one class. There was more walking than running, obviously. Class was difficult this afternoon. I had two students, both 16 years old. One of them was great at English and appeared to have a sincere interest in learning more. The other cut his toe nails the entire hour and a half. I cannot make this up.
Half way down the mountain, I hitched a ride with a truck that had a gringo sitting in the back. The gringo happened to be working with another organization in the area called Un Mundo. And out of all universities, it turns out he is a UNC graduate. I don’t think we can be friends.

Wait… wait… wait… my patience may have paid off. “The following presentation (long pause) is presented (long pause) to you with (long pause) limited commercials by (long pause) Allstate.” Can it be? Yes! It’s The Bachelorette, and it may take me 6 hours to watch it, but I’m a dedicated fan and will endure! Amy 2, Honduras 0.
Oh yea, and we found this in our yard:

Mosquito Bites: 4
Possible Ticks: 1
Final Score: Amy 2, Honduras 0
your photos are superb
ReplyDeleteYou are kicking Honduras' ass, man!
ReplyDelete1. I dare not dream of the day when I, too, have my chakras aligned. I used to have a good chiropractor who could take care of that.
ReplyDelete2. You should submit to the Guinness Book of World Records that individual who cut his toenails for 1.5 hours. It begs the question: How many toes did he have?
- Your Favorite Cousin
Yikes!!! you are so brave to have a pet tarantula. Your yoga class sounds so awesome
ReplyDeletei'm gonna need better score keeping amy! and, was that tarantula for dinner?
ReplyDelete