"WTF? No AATuesday?"
I'm the worst, but with some damn good excuses. Yesterday I woke up at 6am to meet Maggie for Yoga down at Wendy's. After yoga, we did a quick shower and change and went to La Ceiba for some much needed girl-time. What do girls to together? Shop! After having a quick breakfast at Cafe Ki'Bok, we shopped from 10:30 until 4, at which point we met some friends for dinner at a popular, local bar/restaurant called Ex-Patriots. I ate a delicious fish burger and french fries - quite different than the beans, rice, and veggies I'm used to. (Stomach wasn't as thrilled as the taste buds.)
Where did we shop? Second-hand stores, duh.
What did I buy? Two "Velvet" dresses, one "Anna Sui" dress, and a top to go great with everything.
Why? I have 3 wedding to go to this summer and when you can pay $5 for a designer dress, I'm all over it. And plus, it has been months... MANY months since I have been shopping. I was in need.
By the time we finished and drove up the mountain, it was 8:30 and I was so exhausted. Too exhausted to answer MY OWN questions because no one sent any in this week. Take a ride on the guilt trip! It is a good thing that I have some archived...
For instance, at some point, Mom asked me:
Amy, I was told that there are no regulations for pedestrian crossing the streets and that it is very dangerous to cross the streets in Honduras. Also that driving is very dangerous. True or false?
True! As mom found out during her visit, driving laws in Honduras are a joke. They even make T-Shirts about how the driving laws, which list regulations such as: pass swiftly on blind curves, red means go too, etc. As a pedestrian, you can imagine that you have to be a defensive walker. Look both ways multiple times before crossing and then sprinting when you have a safe window.Thanks, Mom!
I decided to do laundry today and of course, it rains. It hasn't rained in weeks! Months! And today, as my laundry started the spin cycle, the sky opened up and it poured. Figures.
I am excited for my classes. I have nothing special planned, but am having a good Spanish day and excited to speak. This morning, Senia (9 years old, in the Tucanes class) came to visit me and we hung out and drew all morning. She helped me carry my laundry from the washer, through the rain, into my room. What a sweetheart. She got into a fight at school with one of her classmates and was looking for someone to talk to. That's what I'm here for!
shopping and food is the best medicine
ReplyDeleteare cars that much of a norm for traffic to be so road-rage-crazy sounding? aka...is there even traffic enough for there to really need to be laws?
ReplyDelete