Monday, May 30, 2011

Walking Around Granada

All of my traveling has gone without a hitch! (Knocking on wood.) I caught an early bus from San Juan del Sur to the city of Rivas where I hopped off and then hopped back on another bus to Granada. The bus terminal in Rivas was surrounded by a bustling market of people selling everything from fresh fruit to baby rabbits. 

The bus rides, in total, took about 3 hours and I arrived in Granada around noon. At first glance, it looked a lot like Antigua, Guatemala - colonial buildings, colorful, and wildly touristy. 

Horse-drawn carriages line up to take tourists around the city.

After checking into a FABULOUS hotel, I took my camera and went exploring. Here are some pictures:


The big cathedral on the corner of Central Park



The pedestrian road

A very popular Irish Bar that has Trivia Nights! 

The courtyard of the Granada Art Gallery and community center.


Little League baseball player leaving his game.


After walking down the Granada promenade, I made it to Lake Nicaragua.


Ferries waiting to take people to the islands and other cities on the lake.

The port.

Beautiful view of the mountains and a volcano.


And then I turned back around and headed home. Even though the city was really classy, there were some interesting things to see:

Cow-like goats hanging out in a pile of trash.

His name is Justin Dobson. He is a swindler and dangerous thief and his accomplices want to sell this house with false documents. Take caution.

From all of the heat and the sun and the walking, I developed I really sexy heat-rash on my neck. Can you see it?


The hotel I chose is in a great location - one block from Central Park and in a very safe neighborhood. Pictures on their way.

Love this city so far!

1 comment:

  1. ow that last pic is bright...work on your tan more, loser.

    ReplyDelete