Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Dear Ali Part 2


Dear Ali,

A big congratulations to you! You're engaged! I'm so happy that you found love with Roberto and that he got down on one knee. I'm a little skeptical (even though I streamed "After the Final Rose") because my mom read in the tabloids that Roberto had a girlfriend and you were dating a football player. Of course, I am in Honduras and the internet is too slow to verify this information. Well, whether or not it works out with Roberto, you are way better off than you would have been with Frank!

Love,
Amy

P.S. I don't know if I should tell you this, but there was a beautiful ring with a yellow diamond that Roberto could have chosen. He must not have thought about yellow being your favorite color (you wear it a lot) and that your hair is blonde. I mean, I would have chosen it for you... or for me.

P.P.S. The ABC video I watched was sponsored with limited commercials by Target! My happy place! It was like... a sign from the heavens.


I hitched a ride down to yoga at Casa Verde with a retired air force officer named Eduardo. He spoke pretty good English and had travelled to the states to visit a couple of bases in Washington DC, Ohio, and Arizona. He has two sons living in New York and plans to visit them in the coming year. He was super nice and told me that my Spanish was pretty good! Amy 1, Honduras 0.

At yoga, I did crow with much greater ease than the last time. Unfortunately, I have been struggling with the flexibility of my left side. When running with Anne in North Carolina, she noticed my gait was heavier on my left, which is likely due to my left leg being slightly longer than my right. (Hot, huh?) With the increased running during the past few weeks, I can feel the effects during yoga. I can't get into Lotus on my left because the inside of my knee starts to pull. Any rehabilitation advice?

For yesterday's class, we learned vocabulary of things found in the village and I assigned each student three words to memorize. Using words like school, house, church, river, mountain, etc. we took a walk to identify these objects. Once they found them, they had to say the word, spell it, and then I would take a picture of the class in front of it. (I was being sneaky, because I needed pictures to show you and this was an easy way to get them!) Amy 2, Honduras 0. Below are pictures of "tree," "river," and "rock."




Ok. Before I sign off, a couple requests for my fan club:
1. Please follow me! (I think I changed it to "Team Amy," and therefore, please join my team!) I am having a popularity contest with my fellow volunteers and I am NOT winning.
2. I need pop culture updates! Please feel free to send me names of songs I should download, new shows I should stream, important events in the lives of celebrities, important current events, etc. I don't want to "pull a Rani" and come home from Honduras (in her case Thailand) and have no clue what "Glee" is!
Mosquito Bites: 1
Unidentifiable Bites: 2
Final Score: Amy 2, Honduras 0.

4 comments:

  1. ^--team bella

    oops had to fix that

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the post. laughed out loud (at work) a few times. i had no clue what glee was, who lady gaga was, and all that jazz. definitely stay updated with life here- or you'll be forgotten.

    rani: -40 points

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm. Who's Lady Gaga? You lost me with that one.
    - Your favorite cousin

    ReplyDelete