Instead of drooling over Shawn Hunter, I'm making bread and sweating, again. Amy 0, Honduras 1.
Another scorcher today! It was humid as hell and hott enough to use two t's. We've been so busy the past couple days with "extra" activities that my blogging responsibilities escaped me. Wednesday evening we organized a dinner with Un Mundo, after which we slept on the floor of the classroom in El Pital. Last night we hosted a community game of Capture the Flag in the swarming mosquitos. SO FUN! (Read sarcasm.) Below are some pictures from activity night:


We had a visitor today. Our Director brought his daughter, Camila, and dog to hang out for a little bit. Clifford liked Camila's dog... a lot. Unfortunately, Camila was witness to Clifford's first attempt to... so we're taking care of that immediately. Soon he'll be Clifford -1.

We had a staff meeting in the La Ceiba office this morning to discuss ordering supplies, security, and programming. We hitched a ride on a pick-up truck and had to stand (surf) the whole way down, which proved to be much easier than sitting on the side of the bed. We played tourists and took lots of pictures. By "we" I mean "me," and by "took lots of pictures" I mean, "I didn't take any pictures, but pictures were taken." For those who have gone out with me, this should come as no surprise. I've considered hiring a photographer to follow/stalk me and document my life because I never snap pictures, even when the camera is in tow. Solid investment.
Operation: Steal pictures from friends' cameras and post them. On it.
I ate the most delicious baleada at the bus terminal. Tortilla, beans, cheese, and egg. I'm still drooling.
In the process of washing our dishes, we found a huge spider. Like any normal group of girls would do, we dropped him in a tupperware container with the scorpion we found yesterday for a fight to the death! Guess who won.


The spider jumped on top of the scorpion and in a swift movement, the scorpion had the spider under the power of it venomous tail. The spider's lightening speed decreased to a mere hobble as it succumbed to the scorpion's kiss of death. Amy 0, Honduras 1, Scorpion 1, and if you placed your bets on the scorpion, you get 1 point.
Mosquito Bites: 2
Another scorcher today! It was humid as hell and hott enough to use two t's. We've been so busy the past couple days with "extra" activities that my blogging responsibilities escaped me. Wednesday evening we organized a dinner with Un Mundo, after which we slept on the floor of the classroom in El Pital. Last night we hosted a community game of Capture the Flag in the swarming mosquitos. SO FUN! (Read sarcasm.) Below are some pictures from activity night:


We had a visitor today. Our Director brought his daughter, Camila, and dog to hang out for a little bit. Clifford liked Camila's dog... a lot. Unfortunately, Camila was witness to Clifford's first attempt to... so we're taking care of that immediately. Soon he'll be Clifford -1.

We had a staff meeting in the La Ceiba office this morning to discuss ordering supplies, security, and programming. We hitched a ride on a pick-up truck and had to stand (surf) the whole way down, which proved to be much easier than sitting on the side of the bed. We played tourists and took lots of pictures. By "we" I mean "me," and by "took lots of pictures" I mean, "I didn't take any pictures, but pictures were taken." For those who have gone out with me, this should come as no surprise. I've considered hiring a photographer to follow/stalk me and document my life because I never snap pictures, even when the camera is in tow. Solid investment.
Operation: Steal pictures from friends' cameras and post them. On it.
I ate the most delicious baleada at the bus terminal. Tortilla, beans, cheese, and egg. I'm still drooling.
In the process of washing our dishes, we found a huge spider. Like any normal group of girls would do, we dropped him in a tupperware container with the scorpion we found yesterday for a fight to the death! Guess who won.


The spider jumped on top of the scorpion and in a swift movement, the scorpion had the spider under the power of it venomous tail. The spider's lightening speed decreased to a mere hobble as it succumbed to the scorpion's kiss of death. Amy 0, Honduras 1, Scorpion 1, and if you placed your bets on the scorpion, you get 1 point.
I'm exhausted and just want to have a full day of R & R tomorrow. (Or, realistically, a beautiful early morning hike and swim in the river, followed by a shower and a nap.) Is there a more perfect day?
Mosquito Bites: 2
Final Score: Amy 0, Honduras 1, Scorpion 1, Team Scorpion 1
you're hott enough to use two t's
ReplyDeleteAs a Scorpio, I know the strength we are capable of!! Spider had no chance! Maybe my blog(if I ever start one) should be Scorpio vs The World!
ReplyDeletedios mio
ReplyDeleteI would have bet on the spider. Good thing I didn't bet!
ReplyDeletei would have just screamed! popcorn sounds better...
ReplyDelete