Some events of note:
1. Banana + Cocoa = Chocolate Covered Banana
(I dipped the banana into unsweetened cocoa powder and fireworks went off.)
2. Apple Cider Vinegar + Sugar + Vanilla = Salad Dressing
(Vinegar base with a splash of vanilla extract and tsp of sugar is heaven on lettuce.)
3. We found a coral snake a few days ago. Below is a picture of Sandra telling Yefri that it's not nice to kill an endangered species, even if they can kill you. It's very poisonous but not a serious threat because of how small its mouth is. I put my keys and Monkey beside it as a scale:


4. At Casa Verde, Wendy has mango, avocado, and starfruit trees. We "go shopping" after yoga and feast on them all week. What a beautiful breakfast I had this morning:

5. Thanks for your support! Team Amy has grown quite a bit over the last few days including noteworthy members such as Some Rando, Couscous, NotCreepyAtAll, and FanNum2332 (who I'm pretty sure is Roberto from The Bachelorette!) I'm still losing, but gaining on them. The others are getting nervous and didn't think I was this cool. They should have known better. Amy 1, Honduras 0.
It hadn't rained the past 2 days, so we're getting pounded today. I'm stuck inside and not doing much - catching up on emails, streaming, and cleaning my soon-to-be room! We're going down to La Ceiba tomorrow to buy important things such as vinegar (for cleaning and getting rid of mold), cookies, yucca chips, bananas, yogurt, peanut butter, and more itch cream. We will likely take the 7:30ish AM bus down and hang around until 10.
To clear any previous confusion, I have a heat rash on the inside of my elbow (mildly uncomfortable) and a crazy looking rash on my leg from sweating with a band-aid. It is in the shape of a band-aid and looks gnarly, but is healing. I'd take a picture but fear that you'll think the rash is lame. Amy 1, Honduras 1.
I had crazy dreams last night, several of which I remembered the instant I woke up, none of which I remember at this moment. The Duke girls were in one of them, and Yoga Wendy in another. Something about a flood and arguments over cooking meat. Battles won, friendships lost.
A shout-out to Tom, who has written me two glorious emails this week! I'm super excited to hang out with him when I move to Boston next year. We'll be having many beers together while my sister claims she's allergic to alcohol, milk, soy, Justin Beiber, and bright colors. Amy 1, Honduras 1, Tom 1.
Speaking of beer, have you tried the flavored Michelob Ultra (pomegranate, peach, and lime) at under 100 calories? Don't knock it 'til you try it. It's so good, am I right Anne? Am I right?
Mosquito Bites: 1
Final Score: Amy 1, Honduras 1, Tom 1, Michelob Ultra 1
4.2% alcohol content.... might as well drink a delicious nonalcoholic beverage! i should probably also bash you for not posting yesterday. there is no excuse--the fans want updates and do not care if you are tired. VERY unprofessional. who are these other bloggers you are competing with, so that i may follow them and de-follow you?
ReplyDeleteNext up: making a million dollars.
ReplyDeleteThree Words: Starfruit Michelob Ultra.
(PS: i have 9 (NINE!) followers. you're certainly kicking my ass...)
when did you get so funny?!!?
ReplyDeleteoh no! battles would never win over duke girls friendships.
ReplyDelete4.2% is as strong as regular beer, and yet we drink it anyways. That said, i'm sure it's lame. Anyone curious why picture crazy Amy doesn't photograph these "innocent" rashes as she's explaining them away? hiding evidence perhaps?
ReplyDelete