Monday, August 30, 2010

Like A G6

Now I'm feeling so fly, like a G6.

Obsessed with this song and had it on repeat as I trucked up the mountain for class.

I had a great day with the kids. My youngest class was very excited to learn that they were the only group that be working on a project... a very special project. We are going to create signage for the classroom, starting with the ABCs. Today we practiced the pronunciation of the letters and thought of words that started with each letter (A is for Apple, B is for Banana...). In the next couple classes we will be learning the letters along with the new vocabulary while creating what I hope will be a masterpiece.

My weekend was awesome. Two hikes to two different waterfalls, a little booze, and a lot of sun.


Hiking has taken the place of watching TV in my former life. It's "what we do" here when we're bored. We swim and get lost in the jungle. It's also "what we do" here when you go on a date or are with a group of friends. Without access to cinemas, restaurants, or couches with TVs, you have to take advantage of your resources and get creative! I give Hondurans a lot of credit for the ways in which they entertain themselves. Amy 0, Honduras 1.

Funny story: The 100 person community of Las Mangas gossips. In a matter of 3 days, all of the female volunteers have dated all of the male volunteers, with all of the drama, lies, and deception of a telenovela. The latest is that I broke Fernando's heart (a student) and have landed in the arms of an Australian rafting guide. Karolina has captured the hearts of children and sketchy men alike, as they coo her name from the cars that pass by. Ooh la la, our telenovela lives appear to be much more appealing than our real lives. Amy 0, Honduras 1, Telenovelas 1.

Between the sun, the run, and three classes, I am wiped out. Until tomorrow!

Mosquito Bites: 0
Final Score: Amy 0, Honduras 1,Telenovelas 1

4 comments:

  1. S is for super schwing steve scully so sexified some soundlessly sob, sorbing spiritualistic sensations steve's sanctity spreads

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought watching streamed TV took the place of your watching TV?.?.?.?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with that song too......but does that surprise me? No. Amy and Gnomie <3 what's hot.

    ReplyDelete