It was HOT today and the walk up the mountain (walk, not run) was not easy. I am the sorest I've been since the first week I taught spinning AND did Body Pump.
Before my classes, I was simultaneously sunbathing and "socializing" with a group of kids no older than 5 years old. Impressive, huh? I have noticed something really cool about these young kids, as annoying as they often are. When you don't understand something, they don't get frustrated with you. Instead, they will try to explain the concept in an infinite number of other ways (using different words, playing charades) until you confirm your comprehension. This patience is something I should practice more often.
I taught a class of 2 in El Pital and hurried down the mountain via halon to move into my new room. The truck that picked me up had a Delaware plate and Virginia Fire Fighters stickers. Even though they were Honduran, I asked them if they knew Scully. I mean, Delaware is a super small state. They didn't. Amy 0, Honduras 0, Scully -1.
In the process of moving, I had negative luck (resulting in negative points). Two refrigerators I tried didn't work and my cell phone won't turn on anymore. I don't even want to imagine what expensive electronic is next... Amy -1, Honduras 1, Scully -1.
Instead of cooking tonight, the four of us went to dinner at the hotel across the street. The fourth is Sandra's friend, Chiara, from Austria. We are quite a diverse group of girls! Our feast consisted of a plate of nachos, 2 baleadas, and beer. The combination of deliciousness turned my neg into pos. Amy 1, Honduras 1, Scully -1.
Continuing with positivity, I hung out upside down in a headstand today in yoga. I only needed a little push from Wendy before I was feet above head and straight chillin'. It feels so good to acknowledge improvement in oneself, and to be thankful not only for my own strength but also my fearlessness. Amy 2, Honduras 1, Scully -1.
Yoga and my "life-break" have many parallels. I'm often hanging upside down, leaping over myself, and pressing my feet firmly into the ground in more ways than one. Yoga and Honduras are exhilarating, challenging, and boundless. I feel conscious, internally-focused, and liberated. I love it!
Mosquito Bites: 0
Final Score: Amy 2, Honduras 1, Scully -1


i can def do that yoga pose with ease......*save*
ReplyDeleteDelaware is such a small state- weird he didn't know Scully.
ReplyDeletenice pose. where did your butt go?
ReplyDeleteI wanna do that too! Should I come to Honduras and you can teach me?!
ReplyDeleteThat pic is AWESOME!!!
ReplyDelete