The plan is after classes, we take a halon down, which will look something like this:
We plan on meeting some friends (yes, we have friends) at the movie theater. These friends include Bruce (who manages a fancy hotel in the cuenca), Sam (who is a kayak/rafting enthusiast/guide with Omega Tours), and Jenny and Alex(who live in La Ceiba and work with a wildlife preservation organization). It appears that we are BRINGING the party. Amy 1, Honduras 0.
I'm curious about what this theater will look like and if we can bring food! All of the important concerns, no?
The last time we went to La Ceiba, Sandra and I were set on finding all of the ex-Pat places. We landed at Kei'ba, which is the most American/Euro coffee shop that I've seen in Honduras. Ok, so it's the first cafe I've seen here, but had an unmistakable gringo vibe. The two of us ordered frappuccinos and blissfully drank the icy goodness while reading depressing novels (like "The Kite Runner").


The coolest thing about Kei'ba is their used book exchange. They have walls of books left by ex-Pats that you can donate to/take from. Although I didn't recognize any titles in the 3 minutes I browsed, they have a huge selection. I grabbed a book that looked good because, of course, I base my choices solely on outward appearance. After bringing it home, I read the back and it looks so "meh." I literally should NEVER judge a book by its cover.
I did laundry this morning after yoga and now I must get ready for class in El Pital. Another super sunny run up the mountain! My life is awesome! Amy 2, Honduras 0.
Mosquito Bites: 0 (but it's early)
Final Score: Amy 2, Honduras 0.

I actually haven't seen it- Chrystina has though and loves it.
ReplyDeleteit's pretty good. I'd like to see you pay attention for that long... BTW mostof your photos in Hunduras look like you could be your mom.
ReplyDeletedid they have any books on being awesome? you could use one of those...
ReplyDeleteClaudio is the first person who says you look like me Claudio 10 Honduras 0. Inception 0. I was not crazy about the movie.
ReplyDeleteI still haven't seen the movie and I live in the usa!! Bloody hell!!
ReplyDelete