Monday, August 9, 2010

My Legs

I am so sore! I had every intention to kick the volunteers' asses during boot camp yesterday and ended up kicking my own as well. On top of these morning-after feelings, it was an "up the mountain" day! My heart is loving it while my muscles are thinking otherwise. I would like to pat myself on the back for running the ENTIRE 2.5 miles uphill and subsequently (deservingly?) collapsing at the classroom door. Amy 1, Honduras 0.

I had an escort via Juan (a Guaruma guide and substitute computer teacher) down the mountain. He rode his bike and I ran like a puppy trailing behind him. I did, however, manage to keep up with him and his rear breaks, shaving 4 minutes off my average time. I wonder how I'm going to feel when I wake up tomorrow for yoga. Amy 2, Honduras 0.

I made a dad-inspired dinner tonight of egg rice and broccoli and ate it during a meeting with the Guaruma guides. The organization coordinates and leads tours down a local trail, pointing out native Honduran trees and telling the story of the community. After a long day of teaching 3 classes and helping a student with her homework, another 2 hour long meeting was not on my "Things I want to do tonight" list. My brain is tired from Spanish and all I want to do is stream mindless reality TV. Amy 2, Honduras 1.

Instead, tonight I will be working on pen-pal assignments! (Those letters should be in your inboxes before noon tomorrow!) Thank you again for participating! Amy 2, Honduras 1, Pen Pals 1.

Mosquito Bites: 1
Ant Bites: 7 (I was attacked! These are the worst!)
Final Score: Amy 2, Honduras 1, Pen Pals 1

3 comments:

  1. looks like we have a wilson blvd date when you visit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you should stream in Spanish...

    ReplyDelete