
Other American restaurants you can see while driving around La Ceiba are Pizza Hut, Wendys, Burger King, KFC, Popeye's, and Baskin & Robbins. No McDonalds! Even if I wanted a large diet coke with the perfect straw and piping hot french fries, I couldn't get them. Whompski.
We hitched a ride down to La Ceiba and took these action photos:


Ok, so its not the most glamorous picture of me, but the sun was in my eyes and the guy beside me kind of smelled. Oh, and it's hard to look reeeealy preeeety when its hot, you're sweaty, and you don't have a mirror.
Speaking of hot and sweaty... I did my second boot camp with the girls this morning. We did 30 minutes of intense cardio and strength. I wanted them to think I was tough so I certifiably kicked their asses. They hated me for 20 minutes and loved me the rest of the day. Ahhh boot camp! Amy 2, Honduras 0.
On a completely unrelated note, a huge congratulations to Anne for finding a home in Mountain View, CA! Amy 2, Honduras 0, Anne 1. She better get her guest room/air mattress ready for a Spanish-speaking visitor next summer.
One of my good friends has also up and changed her life (for the better, right R-Dost?) She moved to Barcelona after 9 years in the US to teach English! Although there are quite a few differences between Barcelona and Honduras, I laugh at how strikingly similar our experiences are. Check out her blog: r-dosteach.blogspot.com. Amy 2, Honduras 0, Anne 1, R-Dost 1.
Tomorrow starts week 4 of teaching, which is unbelievable! I have to plan my lessons for this week later tonight and brainstorm some creative ways to review things they already know. Thank you to all of those who have volunteered to be pen pals, because it is going to really enrich the class and the lives of my students.
Honduras and my daily life in Las Mangas has been an incredible distraction. Friday marks month 1 and it feels like it has flown by. I'm loving it here and am sure that the 12 months will be over before I know it!
Mosquito Bites: 0
Final Score: Amy 2, Honduras 0, Anne 1, R-Dost 1.
cant believe you are saying HE smelled. he looks to be leaning away from you (or maybe that 'stache is a amy stench filter?)
ReplyDeleteOoooooooo the Bootcamp memories came flooding back as I read your posting for today! :) Heart it!
ReplyDeleteA mall!? Damn nice!!! I haven't found one yet....And thanks for the marketing :). It is for the better! I thought about the same thing -- very similar experiences even though we are in totally different parts of the world...Keep it up!
ReplyDeleteANNE moving to Mountainview CA......???? I don't know who she is but that's where JARET works every single day - Suzy works near there as well!!!! Small world, isn't it?
ReplyDeletePen Pals? Are you kidding me? Count me in or am I too late? What kinds of things would you like for your classroom? I sent you an e-mail about this but it's hard to know if you received it because my "away from home" e-mail capabilities are ridiculously terrible. I offered to go through my classroom looking for things that you need -----just let me know. I'll be back in Kent on the 14th and could go to my classroom on the 16th.
where theree's a mall, Amy will find it and be smiling
ReplyDelete